It is hereby notified for the general information of all concerned that, the following criteria regarding Middle Standard School Examination 2020 shall be followed.
1. Revised enrollment notification for Middle Standard School Examination 2020 has been issued and in light of that online portal has also been opened for all public schools and private institutions registered with KP-PSRA and affiliated with BISE Malakand.
2. Middle Standard School Examination shall be based on Student Learning Outcomes (SLO’s) according to National Curriculum 2006.
3. Scheme of studies and Model Papers notified by Directorate of Curriculum and Teacher Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are available on the official website of BISE Malakand.
4. Computer Education shall be considered as an optional subject for the current session only vide DCTE Notification No. 5962-68 dated 07/10/2019. Furthermore, a student of class 8th can opt two optional subjects containing total 800 marks.
5. A foreign student whose first language is not Urdu can opt an additional subject from optional group at Grade-VIII instead of Urdu.
6. Middle Standard School Examination shall commence w. e. f. March 4, 2020 tentatively and shall be carried out both in English and Urdu medium for Mathematics, General Science, Computer Education, History and Geography.
7. Each paper will be of 100 marks except, Geography and History as 50 marks each.
8. The paper shall consist of 40% MCQs and 60% CRQs & ERQs. The pass marks shall be 45%.
9. A candidate who will pass any four subjects (100 marks each) shall be considered eligible for provisional enrollment in class 9th.
10. There will be supplementary examination for the failed/re-appear students. However, subsequent chances to the provisionally promoted students will be granted and the student must clear all the subjects before appearing in the SSC (Composite) examination. Moreover, the DMC Cum Certificate issued to such student shall bear the MSSE enrollment session.
11. Students migrating from one board to another board of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with compartment cases will be allowed to appear in MSSE supplementary examination.
12. A candidate who will provide proof of his/her date of birth (Form-B or Birth Certificate issued by Union Council or School leaving certificate) will be eligible to appear in the MSSE as a private candidate.
13. No restriction on the jurisdiction of a private candidate will be imposed; however, he/she will have to provide an affidavit to the effect that, he/she is residing in the jurisdiction of concerned board from where he/she is appearing.
14. The minimum age limit for a candidate to appear in aforementioned examination is 13 years at the commencement of examination.
15. Grading system will be introduced in the Middle Standard School Examination 2020 and onwards.